Oracle Linux (OL) Premier Support includes KVM and server virtualization manager, Oracle Linux Cloud Native Environment which includes Kubernetes, Kata Containers, and more. IT systems require regular patching for security, performance, and compliance reasons. OL Premier support also includes zero-downtime kernel and user-space updates with Oracle Ksplice.
1. Secure Linux: Oracle Linux is certified under Common Criteria and FIPS 140-2, as well as Listed on NIAP product compliant list.
2. Securing Linux Kernel: Non-Disruptive kernel patching, Ksplice supports critical user space packages such as Glibc and OpenSSL, KVM and Xen hypervisors. Ksplice also delivers Known exploit detection for privilege escalation vulnerabilities.
3. Secure Containers: Kata containers are lightweight VMs, which behaves like containers with the isolation of VMS. With Kata containers, get security for workload while running them on Kubernetes.
4. Secure Code: Istio can help secure application/code, while delivers automatic encryption of communication between services.
There is no silver bullet to Cyber Security, hence leveraging defence-in-depth approach will at least improve security posture.
- Oracle Database AWR/Statspack Workshop with Richard Foote - 19 May, 2021
- Oracle Linux DevSecOps: Staying Ahead of Cyberthreats by Nirav Kamdar - 22 March, 2021
- Add interactive Google Maps to your APEX application by Jeffrey Kemp - 15 February, 2021