Authentication is an integral part of database security. If authentication or passwords are insufficient or inadequate, all further security measures are generally useless. But how do you ensure that passwords are complex and authentication is secure? In this presentation, the password hashes will be explained and it will be shown how to make sure passwords and authentication are state of the art. Focusing on the current versions of the Oracle database, the following topics will be discussed:
– Oracle database authentication
– Password verification and hashes
– Where can I find password hashes?
– Check and password hashes.
– Discussion of various risks related to authentication.
– Discussion of password policies and strong passwords.
– Customer Use Case in the DB Vault environment "ups we have forgotten the passwords".
The presentation will be supplemented by corresponding examples and live demos.