What was the problem (history/symptom)
Bunnings Oracle Receivable Timeline
• Oracle Receivables implemented
• Dataload Classic used to update Customer DFF attributes, Profiles, Profile Amount DFF attributes, Party site DFF attributes and customised diary notes screen.
• Discoverer reports designed to extract Customer Profiles that are manipulated in Ms Excel, formatted into a Dataload script and uploaded to Oracle Receivables
• Bunnings upgrade to R12 MAR-15 introduce Trading Community architecture resulting in Supplier and Customer maintenance via the Internet Explorer browser
• Upgraded to Dataload Professional to perform customer maintenance via the Internet Explorer browser
• Maintaining customer via the IE browser became more time consuming than via the Oracle Application forms as it introduced more keystrokes to apply changes and network performance issues navigating through the tabs in the IE browser
• Purchased six Dataload Professional licences to perform the customer maintenance task and spare desktops to run the dataload scripts…that need to be monitored
• One of the drivers for moving to More4Apps is that DataLoad Professional, used for the OAF HTML based forms, only works on IE 11, it does not work on MS Edge even when using IE mode. Microsoft have announced that the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application will be retired and go out of support on 15 June 2022
• The retirement of IE 11 basically means that DataLoad will not be an option, for OAF HTML based forms, from next year. As the standard Customers form is HTML, this has left us with no option but to look for alternatives
• Enter More4apps Customer Wizard
Solution (How we did it)
Demo provided by More4Apps
• Reached out to More4apps to assist with the time consuming effort required to maintain Customers in Oracle Receivables
• More4apps delivered a Customer Wizard demo to the Credit Team taking them through the functionality
• More4apps provided a two week trial licence free of charge to allow us to test the customer wizard in our testing environment
• During the trial period the More4apps team made themselves available via Webex sessions to convert our Discoverer report extracts into the Custom Query functionality to enable us to download customer records, eliminating report manipulation in Ms Excel for upload.
• More4apps technical resources also provided their expertise to add an extension to the Customer Wizard for a Bunnings customer number allocation, this makes use of the standard custom extension package available for the Customer wizard. This was used to make a call to a custom API that is used as part of a custom extension in EBS
• Profile Amount DFF attributes used at Bunnings were not available in the current version of the Customer Wizard. More4apps noted the Customer Profile Amount fields not available in the customer wizard, performed the development work and released a new version of the wizard during the trial period
• Upload Customers – previously done with Dataload
• Download Customer DFF attributes for manipulation in
• Custom Query to download customer profiles sql results into the Customer Wizard for maintenance and upload
• Uploaded 45,000 Profile Amount DFF attributes using the Upload Background Process function took 2 – 3 hours including prep work. Performing the same task using Dataload Professional would take longer than a week and would have needed to be staggered over days & times.
Time Savings moving from Dataload to More4apps Customer Wizard
• in More4Apps, team members have saved around 3 hours when changing 300 customer profile class from BTC to Pre-legal. (monthly). Used to take 3 hours & now takes approx. 10mins (including prep work).
• in More4Apps, team members have saved around 5 hours every month when placing customers on stop credit. Used to take 5 hours, now takes 40mins to update 1,400 customers
• Changing account status from hard to soft. Mass upload of customers took 10 mins, previously would have taken over 1 hour for 330 customers
• Assigning new accounts into the correct profile class. This is run weekly, for around 250 – 1000 (depending on how many new accounts we would have). Would take around 4-6 hours to run via dataload throughout the day. Now only takes around 10-30mins to run depending on the amount of accounts
• Updating Customer Banks