Come learn what it takes to upgrade to Oracle Database 19c from earlier Oracle database versions 11.2.0.x/12.1.0.x./12.2.0.x. More importantly, come learn all the best practices for upgrading your databases to Oracle Database 19c.
Attendees will learn how to perform database upgrades leveraging the following methods and why you should choose one over the other:
1) AutoUpgrade method
2) DBUA in silent and GUI method
3) Command-line hard core dbupgrade method.
The Hands-On Upgrade Experience will encompass the following:
1) Installing Oracle Database 19c software – Learn how to install the base Oracle Database 19c software and apply the Release Update and even apply the one-off patches in a single command in silent mode
2) Patching the database software to the latest Release Update (RU)
3) Performing pre-upgrade tasks prior to the database upgrade – Additional scripts will be provided to attendees for performing pre-installation checks
4) Upgrading an Oracle 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 database to Oracle Database 19c with the latest RU
5) Performing post-upgrade tasks after the database upgrade
6) Learn how to perform AutoUpgrades to Oracle Database 19c